So it was with great interest that I read this post on the Damien Mulley blog today. The post from Damien referred to is this article from the Sunday Tribune yesterday, which originally seems to have been based on a currently removed post from the Random Walk Blog.
Basically, the gist of the story is as follows:
- A Random Walk published a blog earlier last week highlighting how Sherry Fitzgerald were unable to sell the €2.3m valued house belonging to Ken McDonald of Hooke & McDonald.
- Richard Devlan, Business Editor of the Sunday Tribune, wrote about this in yesterdays Sunday Tribune. He referred to the original sources of the story at the end of the piece.
- Today, Richard Devlan, according to Damien, is no longer the Business Editor of the Sunday Tribune.
- The Sunday Tribune, is part owned by Independent News & Media (page 105). 29% owned from the only internet link that I can find at the moment.
- Independent News & Media wholly owns six other Irish newspapers – Irish Independent, Sunday Independent, Evening Herald, Sunday World and The Star – all said to be “market leaders in their segments”.
- Independent News & Media also publishes eleven local newspapers in Cork, Kerry, Dublin, Louth, Wexford and Wicklow.
- Hooke & McDonald was the number 2 newspaper print advertiser in 2005, while Sherry Fitzgerald was number 4. Between them in 2005 they paid for newspaper print advertising worth over €25m – details here.