This is according to the taxi drivers themselves in Dublin in order to try to reduce their numbers in order to protect their livelihood by screwing us consumers by removing choice and competition.
If there are 1million people in Dublin with 12,001 taxis, and there are 8million people in New York with 12,019 taxis, then why the hell is it impossible to get a taxi in Dublin at 2 or 3am in the morning.
We’ve all had the “Dublin Taxi Nightmare” experience – there are some nights when it’d be quicker to fly to New York just to be able to get into a taxi – it’d be a damn sight quicker than trying to get a taxi home in Dublin on a Saturday night.
Message to Dublin taxi drivers:
- because you don’t show up when you’re booked
- because you drive past people waiting at legitimate places waiting for a taxi
- because you pick and choose the ranks for fares that you think will make you the most money
- because you rip off people by going the long way around whenever you think you can get away with it
- and because you have ripped off 4 different recent visitors to Ireland working for my employer