Magazine Section, January 3rd, 2004
- The Zara arrival But beware – it’s everywhere!
- German discounters Aldi and Lidl’s prices have everyone in a tizz, including Feargal Quinn.
- Cow’s Lane Market Fashionista heaven, especially Graham Cruz’s stall of customised clobber and vintage designer gear.
- The re-launch of Roches. No longer just for Tupperware, light-bulbs and fake flowers.
- Avoca. We can’t exercise any form of control once let loose in those food halls.
- www.valueireland.com At last, a place to vent consumer-angst spleen.
- One-cent coins. Utterly redundant
- Getting stuck in Liffey Valley. Hours to get in, and hours to get out.
- Louis Vutton rip-offs. So rampant, nobody can identify the real thing any more.
- Overpackaging. Since when have video tapes been worth a life-and-death struggle?
- International Buy Nothing Day. That one kinda passed us by.