Why does it look dodgy to me?
- The use of a logo that looks like it might be something to do with Dublin City council or some other official Dublin authority.
- The use of the words PUBLIC NOTICE
- The slight scaremongering related to something that many people may be nervous about – gas
- The artificial deadline of April 30th
- The spurious use of the (C) copyright symbol
- The use of small print at the end of the advert
In reality, the advert is for a real company – HSG – as per the letters set within the Dublin Castle logo. Though, when you look at their website, there’s no sign of the HSG/Dublin castle logo at all.
Their site looks professional enough, but still, I wouldn’t have done business with them on the basis of their newspaper advertising.