This “fobbing off” response is intended to make us think that something is being done about our concerns, but in reality, by announcing an investigation, they’re hoping that we forget about everything until we get distracted by something else.
Here’s some of the pending investigations, when they were announced and who’s supposed to be carrying them out, that I’m interested in finding out the results of. We’ll keep an eye out here, and will publish the results when (or if) they’re ever published.
- FAS activities since 2000 with an emphasis on spending – September 23rd, 2008 – Comptroller and Auditor General
- FAS Expenses – October 10th, 2008 – Dail Public Accounts Committee
- Funeral Expenses – September 26th, 2008 – Consumer Association of Ireland
- Price of Petrol – September 22nd, 2008 – National Consumer Agency
- O2 Upgrades issues – September 26th, 2008 – National Consumer Agency
- 1890 Call Costs – September 25th, 2008 – Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland and ComReg