There’s lots of comment and reportage around recently about broadband penetration within Ireland, and how poor we might be compared to the rest of Europe.
I wonder how would I be counted in any of these numbers when it comes to broadband subscriptions. Take my fiancee and myself as an example. Between us, we have the following:
- An NTL broadband subscription
- A home Eircom broadband subscription
- An O2 mobile business broadband subscription
- An O2 mobile personal broadband subscription
- A Vodafone 3G pay as you go mobile
Technically, from what I understand, that’s 5 broadband subscriptions. But we’re only 2 people. I wonder are we counted as 5 people with broadband subscriptions, rather than 2?